Friday 25 February 2011

John Galliano arrested!

I was very shocked when heard John Galliano- the design director of Christian Dior got arrested and suspended from work. I mean, it is JOHN GALLIANO. oh well, he should have known better. i mean, racism... really? I bet a lot of Jews purchase Dior clothing. I'm glad he has been suspended from work. (Aww yh!!) You can read up the article here
 This reminds me of the incident between Oprah and Tommy Hilfiger on her show. He said, "If i had known that African-Americans, Hispanics and Asians would buy my clothes, I would not have made them so nice," and "I wish those people would not buy my clothes-they were made for the upper-class whites". 
 O.O 
One thing i know is that he has GUTS!! Oprah asked him to leave her show nicely. (Way to go Oprah!)
 My point is, we are in the 21st century, yet there a lot of racists. It pains me to know that there are educated people who judge people based on their skin color, religion, origin. Oh well, i guess its just one of those things that would never be fully eradicated. 
Love, 
Nazom 
Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment